Are your workplace setup ergonomically correct?
What a strange question you may think, but a lot of people don’t sit correctly in their chairs and that will result in back or shoulder pain or even in other parts of their bodies especially at the lower part in the long term. Besides, poor workplace setup contributes to the stated pain. Both sitting and doing workplace setup ergonomically correct can help to improve your working performance. Imagine having poor workplace setup that is not ergonomically correct and it is slowly "killing" you.
The most important factor is to get yourself an ergonomic Benithem chair and table that provides you adequate support and comfort. Now, just getting an ergonomic chair with table is just the first step. You must set it up so that both chair and table give you maximum comfort and support. You must determine the best height at your desk by making sure that all your body parts are well supported while seated and that your weight is supported well by leaning back in the chair. You should adjust all the parts of the chair until you find the correct fit.
You may have heard of the term ‘ergonomic’ chairs, but what exactly does it mean? Why not just call it a comfortable or cozy chair instead? An ergonomic chair does more than just provide comfort because it serves to maximize your productivity and efficiency as well. This is where our Benithem® chairs can come to the rescue – our chairs comes with various seating designs that provide adequate support and comfort for longer hours.
Some of the benefits that you’ll get from a Benithem ergonomic chair includes:
- Posture Support – Traditional chairs may be one of the reasons why people tend to have an incorrect posture while sitting at their desk. An ergonomic chair has many adjustable parts that ensure your body is well supported while maintaining the optimum posture. You should also adjust you chair so that your feet are flat on the floor, ensuring your knees are at a 90 degree angle to the floor and parallel to your hips. These may seem minute, but these corrections help improve your posture and comfort.
- Total Comfort – Ergonomic chairs allow you to adjust the features to fit your needs until you are totally comfortable. The chair adapts to your body instead of you adapting to the chair.
- Neck Support – Ensuring your neck is supported while you are sitting reduces the risk of neck problems and stiffness in your neck and shoulder region. Sitting for long periods without neck support may cause serious health problems in the long term.
- Back Support – Humans have a natural curvature of their spine and ergonomic chairs ensure the proper support of your spine as there are high enough to support your entire back with a curved backrest. You can even recline to take the stress off your spine when the need arises.
- Lumbar Support – Takes the pressure off your lumbar area with firm support as an ergonomic chair has good seat depth that supports the hips and buttocks.
However, you must understand that sitting in an ergonomic chair is not a miracle solution to your work-related health problems. If your sitting posture is not correct or if you slouch in your chair, you will still face all kinds of issues. There are several steps you need to do while sitting on ergonomic chair doing your works for long time. You should sit in perfect posture that consists of:
- Both arms being parallel to the floor.
- Both feet being flat on the floor, your knees bend at 90 degree angle. Don’t cross your legs—you won’t be in proper spinal alignment, and doing so also raises blood pressure and puts strain on your leg muscles.
- Your neck and shoulders being in a relaxed and natural position.
- Your lower back resting on lumbar support.
Setting up your desk ergonomically also important for your health and comfort during completing your works. This includes:
- Your monitor brightness and font size should be suitable for your usage. You tend to lean towards the monitor if the brightness is too low. You need to squint your eyes while trying to focus on the screen if the font is too small.
- Your eye level needs to be at the top of your screen, within an arm’s lengths away from your monitor.
- Your elbows angle should be in 90 - 120 degree angle while you are using your mouse and keyboard or placing your hands on the desk.
- You should place your frequently used items within your arm’s reach. This includes your mouse and keyboards therefore any fatigue and injury can be avoided while working.
Final step, don’t forget to take a breather and stand up or walk about for at least a minute so that you get the circulation in your body moving. In addition, doing light stretching on your chair also helps. However comfortable your chair is, you still need to be active as prolonged static posture is not good for your back.
Having the ergonomic desk setup can increase your productivity, improve your concentration and leave you less stressed at the end of the day. Benithem® chairs come with many adjustable settings so that you adapt the chair to your body and not force your body to adapt to the chair. Our ergonomic chairs are built to provide you the most optimum posture support for total comfort as well as providing support for your neck, back and lumbar. Finally, our chairs also come with 3 different materials such as fabric, mesh or leather that best suit your needs.